Thompson at a glance
Thompson is a leading provider of clinical and prevention services for children and families across the Carolinas. The Charlotte, N.C.-based, nationally accredited nonprofit agency changes the lives of at-risk children and families through therapy, education and prevention-based care. Thompson has four locations specializing in clinical and behavioral treatment, developmental education and proactive care. Thompson strengthens children, families, and communities through healing, teaching, worship, and play.
Founded in 1886 as an orphanage, Thompson has since grown into a non-profit organization operating across the Carolinas, each location providing comprehensive education, treatment, and care for children (birth to 18 years) in need. Today, around 1 in 5 adolescents have a diagnosable mental health disorder. At our most intensive level, we heal children who have been severely abused and provide them with the support and services they need until they are secure in a stable and loving home. Our goal is to create a stable foundation on which children and families can learn to thrive for a lifetime.
Mission & Vision
Our mission: Thompson is called to serve children and families through healing, teaching, worship, and play.
Our vision: Thompson will lead children and families into independent and rewarding lives.
CARE Vision: Thompson will transform the narrative of our children and families through the healing power of relationships.
- Headquarters: 6800 Saint Peter’s Lane, Matthews, N.C.
- Phone: 704-536-0375
- Family Services Center: 769 N. Wendover Road, Charlotte, N.C.
- Phone: 704-376-7180
- Early Childhood Services/Child Development Center: 1645 Clanton Road, Charlotte, N.C.
- Phone: 704-333-5382
- Community Counseling Center: 377 Rubin Drive Suite 204, Fort Mill, S.C.
- Phone: 704-376-7180
- Foster Care (Western NC): 142 Airport Rd, Suite G, Arden, N.C.
- Total client impact last year: 12,811
- Number of full-time employees: 225
- Total Operating Budget for FY 16-17: $14,565,303
President/CEO- Will Jones
Chief Operations Officer- Anthony Jones
Chief Development Officer- Alexandra Reardon, CFRE
Chief Clinical Officer- Matt Dillworth, MA, LPC
Chief Human Resources Officer- Cathy Cloud, SPHR
Chief Facilities Officer- Danny Whitley
Chief of Staff- Andrea Smith