School-Based Case Management provides services for families with children who attend a school in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg (CMS) district.
The School- Based Case Management team member will partner with parents/guardians to identify unique goals and chart a path to reach these goals. Case Managers help parents/guardians become more knowledgeable of and help navigate local community resources.
Team members provide advocacy and support to identify needs and/or benefits, such as:
- Access to food/food stamps
- Assistance with job search/job security support
- Accessing after school programs/care for children
- Connecting to other Thompson services, prosocial activities, psych testing, and medical providers in the community
- McKinney-Vento referral to support students and their family experiencing homelessness
- Safety planning or behavior support planning