Thompson Child Development Center prides itself on providing and maintaining the highest quality of care and education of young children. As a student at Thompson Child Development Center, your child will enjoy all the experiences accrued from attending a center that offers the following:
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Accreditation
- North Carolina 5 Star Rating
- Preventing Obesity by Design (POD3) Lab Site, Designated by the Natural Learning Initiative (NLI)
- “Let’s Move” Child Care 2015 Recognition Winner
- Chef prepared meals using fresh, whole foods daily
- Healthy and nutritious breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack served daily
- We strive to meet or exceed NAEYC and NC Five Star requirements for staff/child ratios:
- Infants: 1:4 ratio
- Toddlers: 1:4 ratio
- Preschool (3-year-olds) 1:9 ratio
- Pre-Kindergarten (4 & 5 year-olds) 1:9 ratio
- Affordable, competitive tuition rates, vouchers welcome
- Creative Arts Program
- Creative Curriculum
- On-site therapeutic services-Speech and Occupational Therapy, Inclusion Support
Thompson Child Development Center uses The Creative Curriculum for Infant, Toddlers & Twos, and Preschool, a research-based program that fosters these skills:
- Science and Technology
- Social Studies
- The Arts
Additionally, The Creative Curriculum provides teachers with the research and tools for Kindergarten Readiness.
Along with Creative Curriculum, teachers assess the development of children using the online assessment tool, Teaching Strategies GOLD®. Teaching Strategies GOLD allows teachers and families to document developmental growth as well as assess it. Families are able to see their child’s development, view Weekly Lesson Plans, and communicate with their child’s teacher.
Developmental Checkpoint assessments are conducted four times a year. Parent/Teacher Conferences are held two times per year in conjunction with the fall/spring checkpoint assessments, to share the developmental progress of your child with you.
At Thompson, we recognize that children do not develop in a vacuum; as such, we practice a wraparound approach to children’s education and growth. Our program offers many opportunities for families to partner with their children’s teachers, the classroom, and the center as a whole. By building a strong connection between home and school, our partnership ensures your child’s future success. Families are always welcome at Thompson Child Development Center! We offer…
- An on-site dedicated Child and Family Services Coordinator
- Circle of Parents support group
- Parent trainings and classes with topics related to child rearing and general family support
- Kindergarten readiness information sessions
Parents who wish to enroll their child are asked to set up an appointment to:
- Tour the center
- Meet the staff
- Review center operations and policies
- Secure placement on a waiting list with payment of a non-refundable fee
Contact our center at 704-817-1600 to schedule a tour or for more information. Tours are scheduled Tuesday through Thursday at 10:00 am, 10:30 am and 11:00 am.
If interested in care please complete this waitlist application and email it to email@example.com. The waitlist application provides the center with important information about your family and your child care needs. Parents will be called about openings in the program as their child becomes eligible. Once enrolled, we encourage families to visit the center and talk with the child’s teachers before full-time care begins.
To request more information contact us: