Stabilization and Assessment
for Youth in Crisis
A new program to provide short term care to youth in crisis with no immediate placement, natural supports, or place to live.
- Male and female youth ages 10-17 years old.
- Short-term care – typically up to 45 days.
- Serves children from all over North Carolina.
- Youth guided therapy – giving youth a voice in their treatment.
- Primary clinical models utilized within the program is CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy), Solution-Focused Therapy, and Person-Centered Therapy.
- CARE (Children and Residential Experiences) Model: developmentally focused, family involved, relationship-based, competence-centered, trauma-informed, and ecologically oriented.
- Access to robust services, such as Person-Centered Treatment Plans and linkage to appropriate long-term treatment.