In June 2013, York Place merged with Thompson Child & Family Focus. Both agencies were established as orphanages by Episcopal Dioceses; Thompson in 1886 by the Episcopal Diocese of NC and York Place in 1850 by the Episcopal Diocese of SC.
York Place shares with Thompson a mutual mission to serve as a beacon of hope and healing. Please know that all York Place programs are now united under the name Thompson.
This consolidation allows us to provide the highest level of specialized care that most effectively meets the diverse and challenging needs of the fragile children and families across the Carolinas.
Currently, our programs in South Carolina include:
- Thompson Family Care Center provides residential care for mothers in substance abuse recovery and family support services for their children who live on campus with them during treatment.
- Thompson Community Counseling Centers provide outpatient mental health services and psychiatric medication management for children, adults and families. We have locations in York, Fort Mill, Gaffney, and Greenwood.
- Thompson Rehabilitative Behavioral Health Services (RBHS) provides in home or school-based mental health support services for children.
- Thompson Foster Care Services - coming soon! We are actively seeking foster parents in the York County area!
- Thompson Targeted Case Management helps Medicaid-eligible youth with access to doctors, social services, educational resources, and other services.