PRTF- Psychiatric Residential Treatment
The Thompson Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (PRTF) is for children diagnosed with mental illness and provides an intensive clinical setting within the safe, child-friendly living environment on our Saint Peter’s Lane Campus in Matthews, NC.
The healing process begins through interactions with trained and committed Thompson staff, including individual psychotherapy sessions with licensed therapists and a child psychiatrist. PRTF is intended for boys, at admission, ages 5-15 and girls ages 5-13.
Some highlights of the PRTF program at Thompson include:
- Emphasis on child well-being outcomes and healthy family connections
- Educational services provided through The School at Thompson
- Extremely low staff/child ratios
- 6 children per unit, each with their own bedroom and bathroom
- Evidence-based practices
- Trauma-Informed Agency (Risking Connections curriculum agency-wide)
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (participation in the Duke TFCBT Learning Collaborative)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Relationship-based theoretical model
- Nationally accredited: The Joint Commission
Thompson offers counseling services for children, adolescents, adults, and families. We work with people from a variety of backgrounds, offering counseling to clients with private insurance or Medicaid. We have exceptionally talented and passionate counselors (all are licensed LCSW, LPC, or LMFT) who are here to help YOU. Our counselors have a variety of specialties and offer flexible evening hours to make sure that scheduling is not a barrier to someone getting the help they need.
Intensive In-Home Services offer clinical care and counseling for children and families within their home or community setting. As the name implies, this specific support is for extremely serious situations requiring concentrated help to achieve family stability and prevent out of home placement.
Intensive In-Home Services accept referrals from within the Thompson network, Department of Social Services, case managers, hospitals, and numerous other community organizations. A clinical team specializing in child and family mental health provides the services.
- Intensive In-Home services that address high-risk behavioral, mental health and emotional problems.
- Services provided in the home setting or other natural environments (school/community).
- Clinical team that utilizes cognitive-behavioral therapy and trauma-focused therapy.
- Psychiatric medication management (available at our Family Services Center – Wendover Road).
- Flexible scheduling of appointments.
- Crisis Support 24/7.
Thompson Reach is a service that will offer both counseling and case management supports to youth & families within their home or community setting. Reach is unique in that the services exclusively cater to your needs and are provided wherever it is most convenient and impactful for your family. Our goal is to reach youth & families, who otherwise may have barriers, to participate in traditional outpatient counseling. For more information email email@example.com.
Thompson RISE is a one-on-one community-based coaching service for young adults ages 16-21 to help provide them the tools and knowledge they need to successfully transition to adulthood. Each youth will be assigned a Coach that will work with them weekly to achieve their goals whether it be securing gainful employment, securing and stabilizing their housing situation, learning how to manage money and other adult responsibilities, academic pursuits. For young adults, the timeframe of 16-21 are some of the most critical years that will pave the way towards a successful future, and Thompson RISE will be there to ensure they attain it. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Thompson Wraparound program focuses on youth with complex mental health needs as they transition back into the community from an inpatient PRTF (Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility), a Level III, or a therapeutic foster home. Structured, ongoing coaching from the Thompson team will ensure your family’s voice will be heard. Our Wraparound program supports bringing people together from different parts of the family’s life to work collectively to help youth grow up in their homes and communities successfully.
At the beginning of the Wraparound process, we work to develop trust and a shared vision. This initial phase includes respectful conversations about the youth and family’s strengths, needs, and cultural values. These early conversations set the tone for cooperative teamwork and building relationships that are important. Together, the youth, family and Thompson Wraparound Staff will select the supportive members of the Child & Family Team in order to begin developing the individualized action plan. All team members will assist the youth and family by being supportive of their goals, and believing in the family’s abilities to manage their own lives.
Thompson Wraparound is intended for youth 6-20 years old.
Some highlights of the Thompson Wraparound program include:
- Family and Youth partners focused on helping you to effectively navigate the child-serving systems
- An advocate for your family’s needs, goals, and expectations
- A collaborative approach to structured care coordination by working in partnership with family, natural supports, school and community agencies
- Services provided in the home setting or other natural environments (school/community)
- Psychiatric medication management (available at the Thompson Family Services Center-Wendover Road Campus)
- Flexible scheduling of appointments
- Crisis Planning Support
Friends of the Children-Charlotte
Thompson has collaborated with the national nonprofit Friends of the Children to launch Friends of the Children – Charlotte, which will begin enrolling youth in July of 2018. The program will provide Charlotte’s most vulnerable children with a long-term, salaried, professional mentor, who we call a Friend, for 12 ½ years – no matter what. Read More…