PSYCHIATRIC RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT (PRTF)
Although our children have been through exceptionally challenging circumstances, they are survivors. They are more than just a number and statistic, they are resilient warriors. Each child who goes through our residential program brings their own set of strengths, stories, and skills. It’s not only our purpose to provide the children we serve with a safe place to heal and thrive, it’s our mission.
Thompson offers five residential treatment programs spread across our serene campus located just outside of Charlotte, North Carolina. We provide an individualized, trauma informed treatment approach to children and adolescents ages 7-17. We are committed to a youth guided and family driven practice that fosters healing and family reunification.
Our Psychiatric Residential Treatment Program offers:
- Psychiatric care.
- 24/7 nursing and support staff.
- Individualized treatment plans.
- The School at Thompson providing one on one and small group instruction.
- Individual, group, and family therapy.
- Recreational Therapy.
- Animal Assisted Therapy.
- Therapeutic gardening.
- Community outings.
- Athletic programs.
- Licensed clinicians trained in Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), and Child-Centered Play Therapy.
- CARE Program Model, Therapeutic Crisis Intervention.
- Family Support Partners as advocates for the family.
- Life coach available as needed.
- Optional spiritual support.
- Nationally Accredited through Joint Commission.
SMITH COTTAGE PROGRAM
Our Adira program at Smith Cottage serves adolescent girls between the ages of 13-17 years of age. This program provides a holistic treatment approach for girls who have been identified as high risk for sexual exploitation and sex trafficking in our community. Our licensed clinician uses a trauma informed approach designed to support adolescents and their families through a journey of healing.
For more information please call 704-644-4400 , or email firstname.lastname@example.org