If you are exploring the idea of becoming a foster parent or you are ready to begin today, our training course will introduce you to Thompson Child & Family Focus and provide guidance on the certification process. You can positively impact the lives of these children; please don't let this opportunity pass you by! Thompson’s Foster Care team identifies, trains, and continually supports dedicated, engaged families who can provide long-term and respite care for children re-entering community life.
Foster Care is an intense commitment that requires a special family. For those willing to tackle the challenge, there is no more tangible and rewarding way to help a desperate child. Most importantly, you need not go it alone!
These children are longing for positive role models to give them a chance at successful futures. Likewise, many potential foster parents just need help in tackling this challenge which is why Thompson provides them with effective training in preparation for licensing. Types of foster care include:
- Specialized: For children best able to maintain positive community placements as they move toward adoption.
- Therapeutic: For children who require more intensive supports as they move toward stronger community interactions.
- Respite: For children and families who need immediate or planned support and “time away.” (Available overnight and/or hourly.)
Program highlights include:
- Short-term, long-term and respite care for children birth to 18 years in safe, loving, nurturing homes
- Specialized and therapeutic certified placements
- 24/7 on-call assistance and support from Thompson’s Foster Care team.
- Crisis intervention, in-home and in-school supporta
Foster Parent Licensing Requirements:
- Minimum of 21 years of age.
- Completion of 30 hours of Model Approach to Partnership in Parenting (MAPP) Training.
- Completion of required documentation and homework during MAPP Training.
- Criminal background check for everyone in the home over age 18.
- Physical Examination and Tuberculosis (TB) Test for everyone in the home.
- Establish an appropriate home environment according to TCFF standards.
- Fire Inspection of the home.
- Drug Screening.
- Must pass The Diana Screen test.
Do you live in the Charlotte-metro region? Please contact Cedric Coit at 704-726-2600 or email: email@example.com for more information.